Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hello New York!!!

After a white knuckle flight from Detroit to JFK yesterday, Becky and I finally settled in the Days Inn at midnight on the upper west side. However, it was well worth the trip as we were welcomed by family and friends on Sunday. My day started at 6:45AM (after 4.5hrs of sleep) getting ready to run the 5 Mile Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff in Central Park. I was greeted with a sunny crisp fall New York morning where I met Lena, Bernard, Kerry, and some of Lena's friends for a nice casual run. I spent most of my run chatting with Bernard and Kerry, exchanging running and triathlon notes :). Good luck with your upcoming marathon and half marathon in Philly!!!

After the run, Becky and I met up with Uncle Bill & Aunt Gerry, from Vermont, to enjoy a tasty brunch at our favorite spot, Good Enough to Eat. The bacon waffles were divine and the strawberry butter was to die for :). After brunch, we strolled around the upper west side and soaked in some rays. Boy it was a beautiful day out today! Afterwards, Becky and I checked into the Hilton and took an afternoon siesta to gear up for the rest of the fun filled day. At 4pm, Becky's NY friends, mainly from TC, organized a baby shower at Carrie's apartment. Thanks Carrie for hosting another shower for Becky! Meanwhile, Uncle Bill and I enjoyed some suds at Soldier McGee's, watched some football, and had some guy time.

The day ended with a fantastic dinner at Carmine's, another one of our favorite spots, with Uncle Bill, Aunt Gerry, Carrie, Jeremy, Chris, Lena, Marcus, Joe, Lesley, Katie, and Kristen where we enjoyed stories, laughs, and Uncle Bill's "Birthday" :-). We are only here for five days, but this was a fantastic first day back in New York and welcome from our family and friends. Thanks to all for the memorable day!


The runners after the Poland Spring Marathon Kickoff: Left to right - Lena, Tuffli, Bernard, Kerry, Lena's friend, Lena's other friend, Alison

The beautiful cake that Kristen made for the baby shower.  Very impressive!



Katie, Lesley, and Kristen hanging out.



Aunt Gerry & Lena enjoying the cake Kristen made



Becky appreciating all the amazing gifts for the baby.

 
Uncle Bill's bday cake!!


Aunt Gerry & Uncle Bill


The TC Girls: Top - Lesley, Carrie, Becky, Lena; Bottom - Kristen, Katie



The dinner crew.  Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment